Thursday, January 27, 2011

Racing my students

“Inspirations never go in for long engagements; they demand immediate marriage to action.”~Brendan Francis Behan


The race is on, the new term is afoot, and I am once again in third place.  Student A is on chapter 3 and student B is still not taking my calls.  Online has the capacity to excite, but excitement lasts about as long as a google rating for a page without content changes.  Constantly we E folk must provide new, more, different stimuli, or we lose our student quarry and must hunt them again.





Other people have a different approach, more of a correspondence course attitude-work is the student's responsibility.  I guess I'm just a spoonful of sugar kinda gal.   That said, my racing shoes are all laced up, and I am running and running.   

Gee I wish I had a magic umbrella.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment